Download the white paper: “The Road to Plug-and-Produce”
This white paper explains:
- Why plug-and-produce is important for meeting the challenges of increased global competition and enabling applications for Industrie 4.0 / Industrial Internet of Things
- How to design a field-level plug-and-produce system, including an example schematic
- Three implementation pitfalls to avoid
- The evolution of Distributed Control Units (DCUs) including their role as edge-cloud controllers
- How Belden’s new line of compact field-level devices meets the needs of today and tomorrow
Complete the form and download the white paper. It is available in English and German.
You'll be on your way to learning the benefits plug-and-produce systems, as well as how to design a field-level system solution that can address both current and future needs!
From the white paper:
“We expect that approximately 80 percent of discrete control is expected to go to field level in the wake of Industrie 4.0 and the IIoT.”
“Advances in DCUs present the benefits of a physical system, as well as those of a digital one – seeking to eliminate the drawbacks of each.”
“For many years, legacy systems were built on proprietary technologies that put limits on integration, product selection and implementation. These limits have steered product development to align more closely with industry standards in an attempt to create an avenue for interoperability – setting the stage for more progress.”